• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

icouch

DirectX or OpenGL?

This topic is 5283 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

look im sure you''ve had this question 1,000,000 times plus, so just point me to the older thread. which would be better for 2d game programming- openGL or directX?

Advertisement
Read the Forum FAQ, or go straight to this article.

For 2D, DirectX 7 will be easier probably, but DX8 and later will be the same as OpenGL.

[edited by - Promit on June 2, 2004 11:59:26 PM]

I realize people get annoyed at what seem to be repetitive questions, but the entire purpose of this site is to answer questions. For the most part people are pretty reasonable about it, and there are enough of us who frequent this site that it really shouldn''t be a big deal to just answer a question no matter how many times it''s been asked by how many people. Likely it''s the person''s first time anyway.

It''s an easy question to answer, after all. Easier than helping someone debug a bst-balancing algorhithm or how to handle alt-tab in windows. =)

use them both.........hehehehehe im CRAZY.......
I use them both.
I can choose at run time either to render in opengl or directx.
mine is 3d however, but 2d shouldnt be much different

"A soldier is a part of the 1% of the population that keeps the other 99% free" - Lt. Colonel Todd, 1/38th Infantry, Ft. Benning, GA

Well, the appropriate article has been linked. Feel free to start a new thread if you have specific questions about either API.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke

This topic is 5283 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.