Simple Window

Started by
3 comments, last by RedRabbit 19 years, 10 months ago
Which is the simplest/fastest way to create a WinAPI window? Ive been told there was an extremely short and quick way, please help Thanks
//-----------------------------------------One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally, And Death shall be no more, Death thou shalt die.
Advertisement
Here''s one: use visual basic.

If you want a better answer you might at least mention what programming language you''re using.
heh sorry thought it was implied i didnt know VB could use WinAPI....C++
//-----------------------------------------One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally, And Death shall be no more, Death thou shalt die.
Heh, I''m typing this in my own web browser I just built. Amazing stuff.

Anyway, good site... go here..

http://www.functionx.com/win32
Well the quickest way to build one is in MFC (microsoft foundation classes). You can use the App Wizzard in VC++ and tell it you want a simple window or dialog and it will instantly start you out with code that does a dialog or a window.

Now the draw back is that it is MFC, which means if you don''t know Win32 very well and you have to dig deep into the code it might get a little difficult to understand. Also since the app wizzard built it, there will be lots of fluff, or bloat code. They run ASSERTS on everything and do all sorts of stuff that may not be totally needed. If you are doing it in C++ though with classes, this is the best way to go.

If this is for a game, forget it. MFC will make things slow for you.

I hope this helps you out. If not look me up on our forum and we can go step by step on how to make one in Win32 useing just C.

Sincerely,
Randy Trulson
www.GamePotato.com
www.NeuronGames.com
Sincerely,Randy Trulsonwww.NeuronGames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement