Anyone remember Cannonfodder?

Started by
17 comments, last by grbrg 19 years, 10 months ago
I think it would be nice to make it true 3d but with an orthographic project. This would make it easy to implement more freedom in movement and smoother animation (since it would be 3d models with skeletons it could be interpolated like no sprite ever could =-), without bothing the player with camera angles, perception projection(no idea of the correct term?), etc
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Advertisement
Botman - advertising illegal software downloads is against Gamedev.net forum rules. -- Kylotan.

[edited by - Kylotan on June 5, 2004 2:13:28 PM]
When trying a remake, what is the essential feature of the game that made it so fun? What should not be let out and in which areas do you think an improvement is possible?

------------------------------
There are only 10 kinds of people: those that understand binary and those that don''t.

Bad Entertainment

------------------------------

There are only 10 kinds of people: those that understand binary and those that don't.

CannonFodder was great... I loved that game. So much awesome gameplay. I spent hours blowing stuff up with my mouse back in the day. Reminds me of the amount of time I spent playing old school games like Space Invaders and Wolf3D (the original and the best)... I still like to blast Hitler away every now and then.

I really should try to make a CannonFodder Clone. It was such a simple concept really, maybe that was what was so addictive about it.. the simplicity.
quote:Original post by kindfluffysteve
WAR!
has never been so much fun.

WAR!
never been SO much fun!

go to your brother!
kill him with your gun!
leave him lying in his uniform
dying in the sun.

WAR!

[edited by - kindfluffysteve on June 3, 2004 3:55:45 PM]

I searched everywhere to prove your needless correction of my lyrics to be wrong but I must concede, I had the wrong lyrics and I apologise to the mighty Cannon Fodder god in the sky.

I think Cannon Fodder was a good example of a simple idea executed extremely well. Oh, and don''t gorget Stoo, he was one of the first recruits.
Commodore Amigas forever!

Cannon Fodder rulez!
Well Johnny,
I don''t think that cannon fodder is sold anywhere anymore so it might be considered abandonware and you could legally download it. I would check www.freeoldies.com(or .org/.net i cant remember).
My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
Nope, tried that -- posting a link to a very well known abandonware website, so he could download the game seeing it''s not sold anymore, and my post got deleted. You bad bad pirate you.
If you check out www.remakes.org, couple people have done remakes of this one you could check out to see what the game is like. I''ve never played the original, so couldn''t tell you how far the remakes have strayed from what people enjoyed in the original.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement