• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

m0nki

[java] looking for game tool (java output)

This topic is 5212 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

does anyone know of a tool that allows me to design games (2D and/or 3D non realistic) and compile them into a java code to have them run in a browser (PC and Mac, no plugins). I know of a lot of plugin based tools and have used some already but I want to have a no-plugin solution. I''m not a programmer so I prefer RAD tools. The ideal solution for 2D would be a GameMaker-clone, for 3D I would prefer to have a 3DGameStudio alike environment, but I guess that would be stretching it too far ;-) Free/shareware is ok but I''m willing to pay (as long as I can use a demo/trial to check it out). thanks

Advertisement
First off, java is a plugin (only that its shipped with most browsers).

Second you can find the java SDK (compiler and libraries) at java.sun.com.
I don't know anything about any RAD tools tho, so you might have to do it the hard way (learn java, etc).
If you don't want to spend all the time it takes to learn how to program a javagame, flash might be a better option...

My project; the javascript Game Console is intended to be a RAD type of game maker that lets you deploy games as applets. Games are created in javascript. The app includes a syntax highlighting script editor and a tilemap editor.

Note; I haven't made an official release yet as I still have a couple of features to implement.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!