• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

remi

having to manually change vc's header file

This topic is 5281 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is not the first time i have to manually change some header files coming with vc. According to MSDN, SHGetFolderPath and CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA are supposed to be defined within shlobj.h, but in my \\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include\shlobj.h file they not there. I couldn''t add the code definitions for the function SHGetFolderPath(Declaration without definition...), so i was obliged to use the function SHGetSpecialFolderPath that is well defined in my shlobj.h header file an that has almost the same properties as SHGetFolderPath. But after that, i still got an error from the compiler:"CSIDL_LOCAL_APPADTA : undeclared identifier"!! After checking on the net i found out that CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA is supposed to have the value 0x0001c. So i just opened shlobj.h and i added the piece of code "#define CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA 0x0001c". Now everything is working well!! What i think is that, for SHGetSpecialFolderPath to work properly with CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA added lately, Shell32.dll had be up-to-date, but shlobj.h was not. But SHGetFolderPath is still not working and many other functions, so what can we do is such situations. Sorry for all the grammatical errors!

Advertisement
You need to download the latest SDK from the MSDN site to get the up to date headers.

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley

quote:
Original post by Paradigm Shifter
You need to download the latest SDK from the MSDN site to get the up to date headers.

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley

Please can you give a link?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!