• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NhocTi

algorithm of game 11-ball

This topic is 5203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

don''t you know 11-ball game on touchscreen machine and algorithm of it? can help me, i want develope it in PC but i don''t know algorithm of this game. Thanks

Advertisement
Could you describe the idea of the 11-balls-game? What''s the gameplay? What''s it all about? After you provided that, I am sure, somebody can help you with the algorithms

I''m familiar with this game. It''s a fun game to play when you''re bored at the bar... drinkin your sorrows away. I''m pretty good at it though. I have great abilities in adding to 11.

Wouldn''t you take more pleasure in figuring out the algorithm for yourself rather than having someone figure it out for you? Play the game and take notes on how it plays (how many balls are there? what are the rules? how is the score calculated, etc).

I''d say start coding. Your first task is going to be getting balls on the screen in the right layout. From there, figure out how to make em disappear. Obviously each ball has a value, and you add the values of the balls you select. If they add up to 11, they disappear, you get some points, etc.

Get going on it, write it on paper first if you want. Take it one step at a time. Like getting the balls to setup on the screen. When you''re done with all the steps... you''ll have your algorithm. Actually, you''ll have your game.

I think this is a great game for a beginner.

when game starting, on the screen had 22ball and on the rack have 30 ball left, when u select some ball add total 11point it will disapear, u can change ball on the rack (ball point 1 to 10).
I don''t know algorithm to random balls, and how many ball 1... ball 10. don''t you know??? help me, thanks alot.

Hey dude,
I think you need to get to reading up.
What language are you going to write this game in?
How much programming experience do you have?

Once you get something going. Maybe a board with those 22 balls on it, then I''ll help you if you still need it.

There are many ways of getting a random number. In C, one way is a piece of cake. You only need two functions: srand() and rand(). Use the random numbers to put your balls on the table.

It seems like you need to start with the basics. I could be wrong. Just take your time and have fun.

thanks alot, i''m newbie VC6 and want develope it with DirectX, can''t you help me???

is anyone else confused why this post is suddenly on the first page again? the last reply was 6/4/04... also, it says "Anonymouse Poster" was the last reply, but the last reply i see is by "NHocTI"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!