• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celeste110

Beginner needs help in Java and eVB

This topic is 5281 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working on how to show the new interface on the server when the client(Java) connects to the server(eVB)? I tried using the winsock_ConnectionRequest method but i realise that it is not activated when the client tries to establish a connection. hope to gain some pointers here as I am very new to Java and eVB. Thanks man.

Advertisement
This is just my personal opinion, but from working with Assembly, C, C++, and Java for years....Ditch the Java it is nothing but a headache waiting to happen. That is why all the Java programmers start putting JNI bridges and stuff in their code. Especially if you are trying to do games! Not trying to make you mad or start a flame I have programmed in all of them for years, and I ditched Java. Ask yourself this "How many applications have I seen for sale in Best Buy, ever that were written in Java?" :D

Sincerely,
Randy Trulson
www.GamePotato.com
www.NeuronGames.com

embeded visual basic? Yuck.
client talks standard TCP/IP. Server accepts connection.

Can server see client? Can client talk to server?
Isn''t winsock_ConnectionRequest for creating connection with server? Look into server documentation, and winsock api.

to randy

Don''t mess his head. And use proper grammar. My excuse is dislexy, what''s yours?

C as normal C, or C as a subset of C++ learned when you learned C++?
Assembly as ASM directive in C++ source code, or as part of assembler, and interconnected your code on the fly.

Then again it doesn''t matter too much. Majority of Java programmers are using JOGL/LWJGL, and possible some additional libraries. (Like Jcurses, JInput, or gatelibrary1.0 for windows destruction.) I''m yet to find a person that would use JNI bridges extensively.
quote:
Ask yourself this "How many applications have I seen for sale in Best Buy, ever that were written in Java?" :D

I asked myself if this sentence could be writen by programmer that has more than two years experience. I believe it''s unlikely.

Actually both yours and my post is offtopic in this thread.

So celeste110 welcome to this board, where you could listen yes, and no at the same time. ~_^

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!