TIC Radiant *first screenshots*

Started by
2 comments, last by Basiror 19 years, 10 months ago
Hi I am currently working on a update to Q3 Radiant. First of all I want to thank the guys at ID Software for releasing the sourcecode. Now here are the first screens of the new Radiant version. As you can see I have implemented terrain patches as you know them from Call of Duty, with a little difference, its much easier to use and you only need to create one patch and not several overlapping ones This editor is primarily for my latest engine project, which requires quite a few modifications on the editor If i get enough positiv feedback on it I ll probably release it to the public. Features: + 4 layer terrain + easy to use blendfactor determination ++ simply select the vertices and adjust the blendfactor *screen 3* + converting normal patches to terrain patches + there will be several texturing modes like height texture blending if you want to create hills and other polygon intensive objects + turn texture layers on/off + mouse cam + binary output format to load directly into a engine, node base ala 3dsmax to make loading a lot easier Here the screenshots: - blended terrain in the cam view - terrain patch creation - terrain patch inspector I d like to here some feedback [edited by - Basiror on June 3, 2004 11:06:57 AM] [edited by - Basiror on June 3, 2004 11:08:13 AM]
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html
Advertisement
That looks fantastic.

It looks really easy to use, and the output is great. Too bad I don''t work with 3D stuff.
Not giving is not stealing.
That does look handy. Will it still output .maps that q3map can compile? If so, I''d be very interested in using it. I gave up trying to do terrain with Radiant long ago.
MumbleFuzz
yes you can still output the maps in .map files, but those won t be compatible with q3 mapping tools because of the extra information the terrain meshes require

this editor i thought to fill the gap of lacking brush based editors that can keep step with the requirements modern engines have

e.g.:
- multitextured terrain with texture transition
- brushbased geometry with advanced features like normal maps
- material definitions in form of flags so you don t have to apply textures of a certain notation as you had to in the past

short: i ll try my best to make mapping a greate experience without the need to do tons of scripting to create certain effects *i hate that*
look at call of duty, everything you do required some scripting to get it to work, i hope this won t be the future of gamedevelopment, of couse the latest features allow very complex effects, but does the creation require the same complexity?

No. And thats why i decided to go on with the development of this editor, you don t have to design your engine to fit your tools, vise versa yeah

if you have some ideas/improvement suggestions let me know
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement