• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stereotypical

whoa who deleted my msg earlier??

This topic is 5222 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey did someone delete my msg i just posted earlier?? its title was "first person codes not working.y?" well anyway i have this error now --------------------Configuration: d3dUtility - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/d3dUtility.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. whats wrong? please help and pls dun delete my msg...... thank you

Advertisement
Well, good odds that if it did get deleted, it was by an admin. If it was an admin, good odds they had a reason. Did you post on multiple forums, by chance?

do you have a "main" function in your program?

The message was not deleted.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=229109

The threads listed as "recent" in the top right are only the top five most recent. Click on the words "Recent Threads" to see them all. If your thread honesty gets pushed off the bottom, search for it with the forum search option. Or bookmark it =) like many of us do when threads we post are important.

your problem is that you are compiling a console app but never made an int main() method. if you''re meaning to compile a windows app you''ll need WinMain instead and also have to change your project settings to compile it as a windows app instead of a console app. if you''re compiling via a command line compiler instead of an IDE, you''ll need to find docs on that compiler so you can use the appropriate switches.

and you don''t need to bookmark anything that you, yourself, post. gamedev does that automatically through your profile. click on profile (either at the top of the page or near your name on posts) vlick "view your profile" in the upper right corner of the next page. then you can see a history of the last 10 threads you have replied to and the last 10 that you have started

-me

This topic is 5222 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.