Thread Deletion

Started by
22 comments, last by Xai 19 years, 10 months ago
If I remember correctly, the OP noticed that some people were bickering about stuff, and someone else had asked a moderator to close the thread. So the OP took it upon himself to delete the thread, not realizing that some people might still want to discuss it, or at least use it for reference of some sort or another. He said that he had gotten his answer, so he was gonna delete it.
"We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves." - John Locke
Advertisement
The normal profile page only shows the last 20 replies you made.. To see all your replies look at this. You might find them there. Unless of course they really were deleted.. Worth a try anyway.

EDIT: fixed broken link

[edited by - frostburn on June 4, 2004 1:02:36 PM]
quote:Original post by frostburn
The normal profile page only shows the last 20 replies you made.. To see all your replies look at this. You might find them there. Unless of course they really were deleted.. Worth a try anyway.

EDIT: fixed broken link

[edited by - frostburn on June 4, 2004 1:02:36 PM]

ew ew ew. I didn''t realize that had been put up. That page is a major hit to the database, and totally insane for the people with several thousand posts (since it attempts to show every single post they have every made on one page). I''ve imported the paging library over from the new forums, if you go to your profile there is now a "view all topics" and "view all replies" link to use now.
quote:Original post by Michalson
ew ew ew. I didn''t realize that had been put up. That page is a major hit to the database, and totally insane for the people with several thousand posts (since it attempts to show every single post they have every made on one page). I''ve imported the paging library over from the new forums, if you go to your profile there is now a "view all topics" and "view all replies" link to use now.

Jeez! You scared me.. I tried to use the showall page (bookmarked) and it didn''t work so I thought you had removed it alltogether. Then I found this thread again and saw your post
The new way is better for the user (in this case me) as well as the database.. Good thing you didn''t remove it entirely though - before I found it I''ve often lost track of posts because they went off the list.

Any chance we''ll get a working search soon too?
quote:Original post by frostburn
Any chance we''ll get a working search soon too?
Yes.
quote:Original post by Xai
ok, its sounding more and more like a simple mistake on a moderators part ...

I''m pretty sure the post right before this one implied that it wasn''t a moderator who did this. As far as I know moderator deletions are logged, whereas deletions by the original poster may not be.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
how does a poster even delete their threads? Cause I don''t see any way to do it from the standard profile interface ...

and it''s a very weird thing to do once a dozen replies are in ... cause then they are deleting our conversations ???
If the original poster edits the first post in the thread, there''s a checkbox up top, where if you check it and make modifications, it deletes the thread. It doesn''t happen through the profile page.
What about the search isn't working?

---
Michael Tanczos
Wow! I never realized the search was fixed. It used to come up with an error if you used a really common term, but now its working! I''m very impressed.

Zorx (a Puzzle Bobble clone)
Discontinuity (an animation system for POV-Ray)
Zorx (a Puzzle Bobble clone)Discontinuity (an animation system for POV-Ray)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement