Device Contexts?

Started by
1 comment, last by RedRabbit 19 years, 10 months ago
Could somebody kindly go over device contexts (DC''s) in more depth. From what I can tell they are used in Win32 to draw and are basicly the event or action of drawing. I dont really know how to explain my thought on/about them so im hoping if reading somebody elses explanation I can relate my thoughts with theirs etc etc etc. Ty in advance
//-----------------------------------------One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally, And Death shall be no more, Death thou shalt die.
Advertisement
bump
//-----------------------------------------One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally, And Death shall be no more, Death thou shalt die.
Device contexts, aka DC''s, are basically handles to memory that the operating system manages. What makes them different from standard memory handles, is the fact that they act as graphics interfaces to let the programmer draw stuff in a standardised manner.

See MSDN for a formal introduction and documentation on DC''s and GDI (Graphics Device Interface) for Windows. For other platforms, very similar paradigms apply.

-Nik

Niko Suni

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement