• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nick72

who's using C# and managed DirectX

This topic is 5221 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Please don''t start this thread being a flame war! I am just interested who is out there using C# and managed DirectX Cheers Nick http://www.c-sharp.co.uk : my new website for C# and managed DirectX

Advertisement
no it''s not honestly.
I was just generally wondering how many people out there are using it to do graphics and game programming. Managed DirectX has been out for a while and yet there doesn''t seem to be much of a web community for it. That''s the main reason I started my site.

I used to do a bit of C++ and DirectX programming, but coz all my work stuff was in VB, i''d always get pulled back to that and forget C++. Now hopefully with C# and managed DirectX i can combine the two!

I did used to post on here a while ago about C++ and DirectX, but i forgot my username and have since changed my email address.

I can understand why u thought I might just be spamming the forum though

Cheers
Nick

http://www.c-sharp.co.uk : my new website for C# and managed DirectX

yeh nick72.

i''m a beginer.and i use C# + Managed DX .

Maybe it will lose some performance but the garbage collection is very comfortable to me.

BUT the document of DX9.0 managed is too small.

Can i have u msn messager, Nick?

isn''t there supposed to be better C# documentation in DirectX 9b?

my messenger name : swannick@hotmail.com

cheers
Nick

http://www.c-sharp.co.uk : my new website for C# and managed DirectX

I am.
This way I can focus on the code design, experiment, and maybe start over again.
I am now trying to make a flexible engine, that supports client-server locally or over the network, and separates the engine code from the actual game code.

If I were to use C++ I''d waste a lot more time with headers, defines, watching who allocates the memory, etc.

I don''t care about speed right now, it''s the ease of programming that counts.

I haven''t used it yet, but I am considering on starting using it quite soon.
Indeed at work we are almost only using VB.NET for programming tasks so I''m quite confident with the .NET Framework.
And as I wanted to start getting into DirectX, I figured I''d try Managed DX with C# or VB.NET

Before I was programming my games in C++/OpenGL.

But that was some long time ago and I almost forgot everything about OGL

I''m using C# and the Tao.OpenGL OpenGL binding. It''s not quite the same thing, but this way it will be compatible with Mono - no recompile even needed to get it working on Linux. I assume most people using C# and MDX don''t really care about that, though. (nothing wrong with that; Windows is where the money and audience are. I''m just doing it so there''s one more game for Linux.)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!