VC++ .NET 2003 TabControl (Solved)

Started by
2 comments, last by Logodae 19 years, 10 months ago
So I've created a TabControl in a dialog, and I'm not seeing anything like this. The properties window doesn't have an "Add Tab" link, or a TabPages editor. Really, the only was I can tell that it's actually the TabControl properties is the name: IDC_TAB1 (Tab Control). Which is interesting in and of itself, actually, because the name in their example code for doing this stuff programmatically is tabControl1... Anyone know why this doesn't match up? Or how I can do something useful with what I have... like add or delete tabs, or rename the ones it defaulted to (Tab1 through Tab5), or add controls to them? (No, this doesn't work either, starting from "1) Click the appropriate tab page so that it appears on top." It doesn't.) I'm using Standard, if it matters... though I sincerely hope it doesn't. [edited by - Logodae on June 4, 2004 5:51:29 PM]
"Sweet, peaceful eyelash spiders! Live in love by the ocean of my eyes!" - Jennifer Diane Reitz
Advertisement
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemWindowsFormsTabControlClassctorTopic.asp

That should be what you want.

However, what language are you using? I write in C++ C# and VB in VS 2003 and the TabControl button is right there on the toold menu.
IDC_TAB1?

Doesn''t sound like you''re using WinForms at all. Sounds like you''re using the VC6 resource editor.

------------
- outRider -
Mulligan,

I really don''t want to create my interface with code, but thanks for the thought.

outRider,

Well... crap. Um, I mean, thanks. I originally started the project in VC5, and converted when I upgraded. I didn''t even think about that.

Thanks again!
"Sweet, peaceful eyelash spiders! Live in love by the ocean of my eyes!" - Jennifer Diane Reitz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement