• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yoda5

game programming magazine

This topic is 5226 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a game programming magazine, or I guess better yet a game development magazine? If so is it any good? Is it a monthly? What is a subscription run? Thanks

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
yes, and its expensive as hell

I'm currently subscribed to Develop which is free but only available for ppl in Europe so seeing as your from the US your not gonna be able to receive it but there's bound to be an equilavent in the US.

[edited by - Spudder on June 4, 2004 6:43:25 AM]

Actually they say it is available worldwide. Free in UK, small postage charge for Europe, bigger charge elsewhere.

Game Developer Magazine (GDM) is surely the best one. I`m subscribed to it for 3 years already and it`s a good source of information about current status of industry plus many invaluable tips about various stages of development.

Actually it`s free, if you`re member of IGDA. First year, the fee is $100,then it`s just $90. Plus you get plenty of discounts on various books and conference fees. If you`re at least partly serious about development, the costs are back within first year.

Regarding Develop Magazine, honestly,it can`t be compared with GDM, whether for free or not.

VladR
Avenger 3D game (Last update MAR-26)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!