• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dko

Just me B*$&#ing

This topic is 5222 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well ive programed in C++ for a few years off and on. Mostly because of how I seam to learn. I have to take in a little and digest it otherwise my brain will quickly stop letting me understand what im trying to learn. It frustrates me to no end. I wana learn to even make a simple pong clone but I can never even get that far. I don''t think I have a disability I just seam to have a hard time grasping all these these different conconcepts in programing that are being shot my way. Back when I was larning q-basic it seamed so simple(I didn''t have very good books so I never really got past if-then and do-while). Now its all just so much. ><

Advertisement
The beginning is the most difficult part for every programmer, just don''t give up if you really like programming.

In the other hand, it''s not very worth it to a beginner to try using all the possible C++ concepts on a pong game. Just keep it simple.

Hope it helps!

Naw I wasn''t trying to do that. Its just maybe I just don''t know enuff off taking what even the simplier concepts and shaping them into a game. BUt what ever this was just a thread to let me let out some steam. Ill eventualy get it. Maybe I could try out Python for a while (Saw mention of it on other threads), see if I can do a simple game in that then later do something similar in C++ ^_^

When I first started picking up C++ (around 14), a lot of the stuff threw me (I didn''t know nearly as much as I thought I did about the underlying concepts of operating systems, memory management, and whatnot). I was used to languages like VB & SQL, where you really don''t have to deal with that stuff.

As a result, it took me almost 3 years before I completely knew what I was doing.

You go away, then you come back. Eventually everything sort of snaps into place, and you begin doing something cool.

Have you considered Java? It has very similar functionality to C++ but is easier for a lot of people to learn and use. I wrote my first couple little games in java (Pong, Frogger, Breakout, Asteroids, etc.)

--------------------------------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we could just get the source code.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!