• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Songoku

2d Game Designe

This topic is 5222 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i plan to make a 2d game(using opengl and c++) based on a sprite engine. I have no problems to program the game but i have no idea how to make all the sprites and the level design. Do somebody know tutorials on how to build sprites. A tool or do i have to draw all the items on my own???

Advertisement
Well, if you are going to use quads and circles in your game you can use any painting program to achieve them.

Now if the sprites you have in mind are original and complex (say: a soldier, a monster, etc), then it''s very likely that you''ll have to draw them yourself or ask someone to draw them for you.

You can download some sprites somewhere in the intarweb and make your game with them, then show your game to an artist and maybe he will be interested on making the art.

you can have a look at the mugen beat em up engine, for old school 2D beat''em up. I don''t know much about it, but you can potentially rip sprites from it, as well as sounds backgrounds...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!