• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RyanV

What are my chances?

This topic is 5273 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have all the ideas and algorythims for a Sci-Fi MMORPG out on paper, I have no experience on anything real(like C++ or VB) So I would need good programmers and artists, what are my chances of someone looking at it and seriously concidering publishing it? do people look well at theroy paper? I may be young but I am perfectly capible of managing stuff..so what are my chances?

Advertisement
Without enough expierence to actually start development now by yourself it could be hard to convince people on these boards to do it for you.

An MMORPG is a massive task and if you intend on managing the project without understanding even a little of what your programmers must do, you''ll find it really hard.

The main problem with MMOG projects is that you''ll either have to find some really generous person to let you use some dedicated servers for free, or you''ll be waisting a lot of money just developing the thing.

Advice: start small, maybe learn a little about networking and develop a simple Text-Based MUD using your design.

Good Luck

Im a C++ programmer of around 4 years, with about 2 years experience with DirectX. I am only just starting to understand the logic behind huge games such as MMORPG''s and yet I would still struggle to develop one.

Somone with little experience...well..

well i have some real high power servers collecting dust in the attic..so servers are no problem..i am seriously concidering chaceing a sponsor..but where? it is, like you said hard to get an mmorpg programmer..but i mean..how many people would even be willing, on the forum or otherwise to lay down the first line of code?

There are probably hundreds of new programmers who''d jump at the chance to work on this sort of project, and thats the problem, theres to much expierence required to work on games of this type, if you can convince people you''d be starting off the project REALLY small then growing, it could be possible, within a few years .

If you''d like to talk more I''m trying to log onto ICQ. Are you looking for people to join Fusion??

Of course i am looking for people to join fusion..at the moment we are pure Game maker based( :-$ ) and just starting to get on our feet..of course there are the huge diffaculties of begining..so all help is appreciated..ill get into ICQ now

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Sorry... better luck getting a job at McDonald''s.

Peace

-------
Homepage: http://students.washington.edu/andrey

Having a spot of trouble logging into ICQ at the moment, you don''t have MSN by any chance?

Just to let you know, I''m a keen programmer (about 1.5 years self taught expierence) with a huge interest in business. I would love to be involved with the birth and growth of an Indepedant developer such as Fusion Games.

Later

Seriously reconsider. You need to start out small. The creation of an MMORPG is a combination of ambition AND talent. You should REALLY read the thread in this forum that reads something like "making a RPG? Yeah Right"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!