• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa_Gamer

M.A.X. Source Code

This topic is 5211 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

One of my favorite tile-based/overhead games was M.A.X. With the potential demise of Interplay, it brought to my mind the fact that I always hoped that someday the source code would be available for this game (actually I still have the game on my hard drive and play it) despite the fact that huge games would always crash late in the game because of an error in their smart pointer program - or at least that is the message that always pops-up. Anyone have any tips as to how to get a company to release source code (especially if they are going out of business) or does anyone know if the original programmers haunt this website? Thanks -TG [edited by - Tampa_Gamer on June 4, 2004 8:12:03 AM]

Advertisement
I''m sorry I don''t have any help, I just wanted to say that MAX rocks!! There is not much that they didn''t do right with that game. If the terrain was updated and more variety was added to it, and if they provided a fiew more units, I would pay full price for the same game today.

You could try to put a petition through on PetitionOnline but I'd figure whoever has the source right now is busy either lighting filing cabinets on fire to hide them from the SEC, or finding a new job.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!