• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HanSoL0

DirectSound SetFrequency() problem

This topic is 5225 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I''ve got a DirectSound buffer that plays looped, and when I try to change the frequency of that buffer, the sound will intermittently cut-out for 1 or 2 seconds, then come back for 1 or 2 seconds, etc. It only seems to do this when the frequency is set higher than the frequency of the original sound. Any ideas? Ryan Buhr Reactor Interactive, LLC. rbuhr@reactorinteractive.net

Advertisement
Are you by any chance compressing the frequency you are playing beyond the limits of your sampling rate? Do you have just a single tone that you are playing with? On the sound that you do hear, is it correctly modified by the SetFrequency()?

I take it you have already setup your play buffer object to handle the ''set frequency'' feature. Its one of the many flags. I don''t remember what the specific name of that flag is.

Brian

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!