Transport Tycoon Style Tiles

Started by
3 comments, last by fbepyon 19 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows, how the tiles are setup in transport tycoon, and if so what size and how they are laiddown. I know this is a short thread, but this is a important question for me..
Advertisement
I haven't played the game, but I've looked a bit at the graphics, and judging by some screen captures, the tiles are 64x31 pixels in size, and they fit together like this:

edit: fixed image

[edited by - RabidCow on June 5, 2004 11:07:10 AM]
There is a program on the web somewhere that will rip the tiles out of Transport tycoon for you.

As the previous poster stated they are isometric tiles that are about 64x31, but they do not use the standard iso shape, they are slightly different IIRC...
When I find my code in tons of trouble,Friends and colleages come to me,Speaking words of wisdom:"Write in C."My Web Site
The graphics of the tiles are in one big file. All types of shape of the tile are being displayed in this file. I shall post an example as soon as I made a png or gif format from it.

The tiles which i used to develop my isometric engine were extracted from the graphics file of transport tycoon deluxe.

Offcourse those tiles are copyrighted (altough i don''t think chris would mind) therefor i created a small programm which can generate tiles similar (and made larger or smaller) to those in ttd.

If you want any info specific info let me know.
I could also generate a couple of tiles for you if you provide me with the right texture file. Or you can use the tiles found in my example.

you can see an example on:
http://www.pc-gamers.com/webgame/iso_js.php

I deliberatly left out the folding which you can see in the ttd tiles as modern games probably need more fluent graphics and hills.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement