• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geronimo2000

C# debugging

This topic is 5278 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working on a C# Direct3D project with VS .NET. When I look at objects of type Vector3 (for example) in the debugger, it says "No Runtime Value". The program works fine, but I need to know how I can look at my variables in the debugger. Any ideas? Also, would anyone know what the ''Debug Managed Code'' option will do for you? I turned it on, and it didn''t solve my above problem, so I was wondering what things it would allow me to do which I couldn''t already do. Thanks for any help or input you can give.

Advertisement
Really stupid question, but are you in "debug" mode versus "release" mode.

I wouldn''t assume too much about my competence But yes, it is in Debug. I started working on a different machine, and the problem hasn''t shown up (yet). I wonder if it''s a .NET assembly issue. Hmmm...

Actually, I don''t even know of a way to break in the debugger when a C# program is in Release mode. I mean, there''s only like 4 options in the project properties anyway, and so a Release with Debug Info build is beyond me at this point.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!