• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miguel_blade

Milkshape 1.6.6a & Model Loading

This topic is 5191 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I realise that this must be covered somewhere else on these forums, but I am unable to locate any unbroken links or hard code that tells me what I need to know. I''m using Milkshape 3D 1.6.6a, firstly I can load a ms3d model however I''m missing the texture when I display my models. I realise there must be a file change since 1.5.x. Does anyone know what I need to change to fix this for this version? Secondly I am unable to compile the skeleton tutorial from brett porters website. From the posts someone had found a fix however the link is now broken. The offending piece of code. // Default alignment #ifdef _MSC_VER > # pragma pack( pop, packing ) #endif I get the following compiler error. --------------------Configuration: SkelAnimTut - Win32 Release-------------------- Compiling... MilkshapeModel.cpp D:\Downloads\OpenGL Tutorials\ms3danim\ms3danim\MilkshapeModel.cpp(109) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file ''msc1.cpp'', line 1786) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information Error executing cl.exe. SkelAnimTut.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Advertisement
How did you manage to download the tutorial ? The link seems to be broken. Is it possible for you to give me the link, or to send me your file ?

Thanks,

The change in the MS3d file format from 1.5.x.x to 1.6.x.x was that the texture names are now stored in a RELATIVE path as opposed to a full path.

So before you may have seen "C:\my model\textures\brick.bmp", if the model was loaded from the "C:\my model\" directory then the texture path will be "textures\brick.bmp".

Your pop/pack problem can be solved by putting #pragma pack(1) at the top of the MS3D definitions file and #pragma pack(0) at the end.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!