Milkshape 1.6.6a & Model Loading

Started by
1 comment, last by __Daedalus__ 19 years, 9 months ago
I realise that this must be covered somewhere else on these forums, but I am unable to locate any unbroken links or hard code that tells me what I need to know. I''m using Milkshape 3D 1.6.6a, firstly I can load a ms3d model however I''m missing the texture when I display my models. I realise there must be a file change since 1.5.x. Does anyone know what I need to change to fix this for this version? Secondly I am unable to compile the skeleton tutorial from brett porters website. From the posts someone had found a fix however the link is now broken. The offending piece of code. // Default alignment #ifdef _MSC_VER > # pragma pack( pop, packing ) #endif I get the following compiler error. --------------------Configuration: SkelAnimTut - Win32 Release-------------------- Compiling... MilkshapeModel.cpp D:\Downloads\OpenGL Tutorials\ms3danim\ms3danim\MilkshapeModel.cpp(109) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file ''msc1.cpp'', line 1786) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information Error executing cl.exe. SkelAnimTut.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Advertisement
How did you manage to download the tutorial ? The link seems to be broken. Is it possible for you to give me the link, or to send me your file ?

Thanks,
Gregory Jaegy[Homepage]
The change in the MS3d file format from 1.5.x.x to 1.6.x.x was that the texture names are now stored in a RELATIVE path as opposed to a full path.

So before you may have seen "C:\my model\textures\brick.bmp", if the model was loaded from the "C:\my model\" directory then the texture path will be "textures\brick.bmp".

Your pop/pack problem can be solved by putting #pragma pack(1) at the top of the MS3D definitions file and #pragma pack(0) at the end.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement