• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goxy

NeHe's personal bank account ??

This topic is 5275 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi.I don''t know if Jeff can read this but I will go on anyway... a few weks ago I have sent him 30 $ for the CD and, as I expected, he didn''t receive it by now. Since it has passed 4 weeks, somebody in the post office (Serbia and Montenegro) probably stole the money... Anyway, as I still want to buy the cd and give a donation to NeHe I am asking him to give my a bank account number (if he owns one) because that way, the money could maybe reach him. Thanks.

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Goxy
Hi.I don''t know if Jeff can read this but I will go on anyway... a few weks ago I have sent him 30 $ for the CD and, as I expected, he didn''t receive it by now. Since it has passed 4 weeks, somebody in the post office (Serbia and Montenegro) probably stole the money... Anyway, as I still want to buy the cd and give a donation to NeHe I am asking him to give my a bank account number (if he owns one) because that way, the money could maybe reach him.

Thanks.

Why do I get the words "Nigerian scam" in my head from reading that?

You really shouldn''t use the post to send money. If you''re forced to use the post, send a cheque or postal order. Email Jeff, and tell him what happened. You''ll probably be able to use the Paypal service, which is what I used when I made a donation...

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Goxy
Hi.I don''t know if Jeff can read this but I will go on anyway... a few weks ago I have sent him 30 $ for the CD and, as I expected, he didn''t receive it by now. Since it has passed 4 weeks, somebody in the post office (Serbia and Montenegro) probably stole the money... Anyway, as I still want to buy the cd and give a donation to NeHe I am asking him to give my a bank account number (if he owns one) because that way, the money could maybe reach him.

Thanks.

I don''t know about that, my Mom always told me not to give out my bank account number to strangers from far away lands the day they sign up for an account on an internet forum.

hmmm...

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
I don''t know about that, my Mom always told me not to give out my bank account number to strangers from far away lands the day they sign up for an account on an internet forum.

hmmm...

Obviously.

If my original post wasn''t clear enough: This is such an obvious scam it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The post office won''t steal money, particularly if it''s in the form of a check, and giving out your bank account is about the unsafest thing I''ve heard of.

The only consolation is that nehe only has $2 in his bank account right now

quote:
The post office won't steal money

Uh..............

quote:
This is such an obvious scam it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

No it's not. Nehe is poor, why would someone want to go through all this trouble to steal $2. Sounds to me like this guy just wants to get a cd and give a donation.

[edited by - atcdevil on June 5, 2004 11:11:11 PM]

quote:
Original post by cowsarenotevil
quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster

hmmm...

The post office won''t steal money...

Uhm, in the United States, I''d imagine it to be highly unlikely, but in poorer foreign countries it can happen and I know because it has happened to me before, but I was sending something to another poorer country and was never received. Other stories I''ve heard indicate similar experiences.

This is particularly true in the middle east. When I had to do work with some coders from Iran several years ago (before the wars and such), you couldent send ANYTHING through the mail. The government not only didnt promote privacy, but the people that worked for it liked to take all the money they could from their people. As such, they had to develop clever plans for money transferal. What we ended up having to do was using a switch account in sadi arabia which the iranian could then go to to get the money (before the war of course).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!