• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anima

STL / slist / MSVC++ Toolkit problems!

This topic is 5274 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can someone tell me where std::slist is? The header is not in my include folder. I've downloaded the latest version of the STL which does include the slist header but for some reason it causes all sorts of compile errors when I configure the IDE (MSVC++ 6.0) to use it. To name a few:
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 6.0\vc98\include\xiosbase(106) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'precision'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 6.0\vc98\include\xiosbase(106) : error C2501: 'streamsize' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 6.0\vc98\include\xiosbase(107) : warning C4183: 'precision': member function definition looks like a ctor, but name does not match enclosing class

I did manage to solve this by installing the Visual C++ Toolkit and configuring VC++ to use those compilation tools but this prevented the Debug tools from working properly. Well, as you can see there are a number of problems. Can anyone help? [edited by - Anima on June 5, 2004 12:57:19 PM] [edited by - Anima on June 5, 2004 12:58:08 PM]

Advertisement
slist isn''t part of the standard library and is provided as an extension in SGI''s STL (which is what STLPort is based on)

I did download the SGI STL library, but as I said it produced the errors above (when NOT using the MSVC++ toolkit). I suppose all this
wouldn't be a problem if I managed to get that configured right - presuming it is possible to use this toolkit with MSVC++ 6.0 and
still retain the debugging tools.

Just to be sure, can someone tell me how to properly configure this compiler for use with VC++ 6.0? Currently I'm just adding the
updated include/lib/executables folders to the top of their respective lists in the options dialog (directories tab). Is this right?

[edited by - Anima on June 5, 2004 5:23:03 PM]

SGI STL doesn''t include the iostreams library so you''ll probably have to download that separately.

However I''d recommend getting STLPort which is based on SGI''s code but includes lots of improvements and also iostreams.

Put the library in its own folder. Don''t copy it on top of MSVC.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!