• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

logout

destop q under win

This topic is 5223 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I was wondering if it is poss to have a program as destop background in WinXp. Im not intrested in writing a big shell but I want to have some cool stuff at my destop. 2, question How can I create a shortcut to my app that I can active at any time ? ( Like Ctrl+End ) Starts my application

Advertisement
I know you can have flash and stuff for your background, but I dont know about programs.

And you can set up keyboard shortcuts to your stuff through windows...I cant remember how though.

Man I dont want to do it tru some damn .ink file

I want to do it in my program, tru a win hook or somthing

quote:
Original post by logout
Hi

I was wondering if it is poss to have a program as destop background in WinXp.

Im not intrested in writing a big shell but I want to have some cool stuff at my destop.

You mustn''t. What prevents you from making fullscreen app?

quote:

2, question
How can I create a shortcut to my app that I can active at any time ? ( Like Ctrl+End ) Starts my application

RegisterHotKey.

BOOL RegisterHotKey(
HWND hWnd, // window to receive hot-key notification
int id, // identifier of hot key
UINT fsModifiers, // key-modifier flags
UINT vk // virtual-key code
);

You should look for WM_HOTKEY message and don''t forget to call UnregisterHotKey when closing app.

Look into Win32 API SDK Reference for more detailed info.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!