• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

harr

Games website

This topic is 5250 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have decided to post about my website ( http://www.download-free-games.tk ) to get some more hits there are 16 games (more if you go to the most popular games and random game chooser page) to play. The top ten games are aranged in order of popularity, with the most popular at the top. Only the bottom six games were made by me, but I have permission of the other games creator to put them on my website. On average they are probably better than the games made by me, but why not try some of both so that you can compare them yourself?

Advertisement
I know, but I want to establish the website a bit more first. I also don''t have any easy way to pay, does .tk just sound cheap because you know that it is free? Or would things like .je sound cheap as well?

http://www.download-free-games.tk

I don''t know how kmuch it is, but people with no money have them, it seems professional if you want to buy somehting of a site, you have an choice:
.tk
.com
I choose the .com

quote:

Only the bottom six games were made by me,...

You may want to consider adding screen shots for all the games on your site; people are very unlikely to download a game without first seeing the screenshot.

Also, you may want to consider submitting your games to Game Jolt; they review freeware games. You could also submit your games to my site Freelance Games once you have the screen shots.

As for the web extension; it’s probably not good that your site as a popup add telling everyone that a .tk is free. Also, it is a lot of work to establish solid web traffic; it is not something that can be done without commitment.

Independent Games compete Head to Head ...
www.FreelanceGames.com

[edited by - Sean Doherty on June 6, 2004 8:06:34 PM]

quote:
As for the web extension; it’s probably not good that your site as a popup add telling everyone that a .tk is free.

I think I''ve managed to disable the popup now, if anyone still gets it then please tell me.
quote:
Also, it is a lot of work to establish solid web traffic; it is not something that can be done without commitment.

I know, it is very difficult. For now I am just sticking to posting about the website to try and get the number of visits up and hopefully some people will re-visit it.

http://www.download-free-games.tk

A .com is merely a dollar or two a month nowadays.

I have .com, .net, .org. and .de for my site.

Hate to keep beating a dead horse, but definitely get a proper domain. Go over to godaddy.com and you can get one for 8 dollars a year. Small price to pay for the instant boost in credibility.

Andy

I had big trouble finding one myself with a good name. I wanted .com or .co.uk but all the good games type names had gone :( I really wanted Toymaker but Mattel have registered most of them apart from .info so I grabbed that.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!