• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StormUK

Intercepting data from running games

This topic is 5222 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

While learning about vb and winsock, i made a cheat for a multiplayer game where i made the game run through a proxy, look at all the packets, and send back out my own new ones. what i am now wanting to do now is develop a program in c/c++ which will somehow grab info from the game .. such as enemy positions on the screen etc, and then either send data back out, or send mouse clicks or whatever i require at the time. I dont want to use a proxy again, or that would defeat the object of my learning process Could anyonw advise me as to what i should start looking at .. how would i intercept the packets, or should i be doing somthing diferent... ugh, i hope this is clear to someone, as it it hard to explain what i want, when i am unsure exactly to what i want.. cheers

Advertisement
You''re expecting people to help you cheat in online games? Cheating ruins online gaming, and I hope you realize it.

i didnt think there was any point in making stuff up about it...i never said online game did i? only said multiplayer
the purpose of this is to learn no to cheat. i could have made up some bullcrap about what i wanted it for? is that what you would have prefered? and yes, i know the effects of cheating.
anyway, the more widley the knowledge is known then hte more chance of developing a solution right?

anyway, will anybody help me?

i thought hooks might be what i should have been looking at.
could you recomend a very very simple hook, that does practically nothing ,but is a good learning tool?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!