• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THACO

OpenGL OpenGL with Eclipse Platform

This topic is 5279 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im not sure if this is in the correct form so sorry if its not. I am trying to program in OpenGL using Eclipse with the C++ plugin. I have it working to perform regular console programs in C++ but when trying opengl with the basecode from nehe or some of the other lessons i get tons of errors. It includes the needed gl headers. I think im including the proper libraries i add them by going into properties of the project and added them in one of the tabs that says libraries. The errors are saying pretty much every gl functions is unknown like glrotate and others. Im using mingw32 for the make and compile. I don''t know why im getting all these errors, i have used lcc for windows to compile and it works fine, but when i don''t want to use that editor, and i tried pointing eclipse to use lcc''s make but it doesn''t work says errors with the makefile. Im used to VC6 so this is all new to me, while i have used eclipse for java before, i am away and only have access to eclipse or something that is free for the next couple months and would like to get some work done. Thanks -THACO

Advertisement
Ok, i fixed most of my problem, i just had to add the -mwindows -lopengl32 and -lglu32. Of course some of the tutorials use glaux and when i says -lglaux it compiles fine but then when it wants to run can''t find the glaux.dll, is there a glaux.dll? if so why wasn''t it a problem running the regualr exe that comes in the nehe tutorials or when i compile it using lcc?

-THACO

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!