• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kakafej

Xing Interactive as publisher

This topic is 5212 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, We have finished our first home made game with my friends, and now we''re looking for publishers in a low-budget category. I found Xing Interactive, and it seems to be correct, but I also found some bad rumours about them. Is anyone here who has eperiences with them? Are they realy stealing the games? thanks Peter

Advertisement
Heya, Is your game network playable? Just curious about the genre, target market.

Please feel free to email at darrin@playfulminds.com. We are looking for strategy games to populate or game lobby.

Darrin

Let me assure you were are NOT stealing anything from anyone. Most rumours are connected to me (Alex de Vries) working for Crystal Interactive in the past. The fact that this company wasn''t on the level doesn''t mean that any business I am involved in is fraudulent. Xing Interactive is my company as opposed to Crystal Interactive which was owned by the notorious Mr. Riza Rahman. I won''t go into details for the 999th time but suffice to say I curse the day this person crossed my path and persuaded me to work for him for almost a year.

Judge by yourself based on the facts please. Oh and before this thread gets filled with the usual "you liar!" replies from anonymous posters please close it Mr. Moderator.

Thanks in advance,

Alex de Vries
www.xinginteractive.nl

An alternative publisher of small games is Real Arcade.

Also, you might want to take a peek at Yahoo Games; it has lots of players, but I don''t know what their publishing situation is.

quote:
Original post by hplus0603
An alternative publisher of small games is Real Arcade.

You must be kidding, right ? RealArcade is the Biggest One with most downloads. You can`t compare it Xing (no offense). It`s a different league, really.

VladR
Avenger 3D game (Last update MAR-26)

I believe he said they publish small games, not that they were small. Real Arcade is pretty strict on what they take (small download, no 3D hardware), and I haven''t seen a new non PopCap games from them in a while. This certainly does put them in another league...

--
Robert Costello
www.playfulminds.com

I don''t know a lot about them, but Alex de Vries has gotten a lot of bad publicity. The fact that he jumps on these threads is a little unsettling to me, too. They''re probably on the level, but you might want to check out alternatives.

Real Arcade are on-line publishers only. We are a retail publisher. Subtle difference indeed as it involves two entirely different business models. So sorry Mr. VladR but it''s like a comparison between a baker and a greengrocer by saying that the greengrocer doesn''t bake such great bread...

Mr. Ropple, you have every right to be sceptical. The fact that I jump onto these posts is simply because I''m an avid reader of this forum. Therefore anything I read which concerns me automatically entices me to reply. Normal human reaction in my opinion. Anyway thanks for being civil and polite about it. It''s the way a gentleman would act.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!