• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yaniv Shekel

Glut and Visual Studio .Net fatal error

This topic is 5218 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This might be a dumb question but I''m new to the wonderful world of openGL and Glut. I''ve recently written a cube rendering program which worked fine, after of course I downloaded the Glut bins and copied them to their specified locations (which are slightly different in the .NET hierarchy). Today, after playing around a bit with some worthless installations I reinstalled directX9b (my previous version is unknown). Now, it maybe a whole lot of Voodoo but ever since then glut gives me this error "GLUT: fatal error in... failed to create OpenGL rendering context". I then downloaded the Glut source and compiled it with my version of the .NET Visual Studio, placed the files in their proper places in still nothing works. What have I done wrong? And, what should I do now?

Advertisement
Well guys... and girls (no offence intended) I have no idea as to what went down but after several unsuccessful attempts at system restore, and after I gave up on that and went to my most current version of the system, the damn thing resumed to work. I would appreciate, though, any comments as to why the whole #$%^% happened in the first place.

I have that happen ocassionally, I think it''s a problem where the rendering system has been locked up from the previous application. I think it''s a bug stemming from dx9 debug stuff. It seems to just go away on it''s own accord and I''ve never seen it with the retail version of DX9 so I don''t worry about it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!