• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlindTechie

PHP situation...

This topic is 5277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, Here''s a tough one for you. I am writing administration scripts for a server. I need to have the ability to restart/stop services running on this machine including the Apache Server service and a MySQL service. As a security precaution the Apache server is running in the context of a non-administrative account specifically assigned to it. This is of course a non-administrative account which only has access to files that it needs. Oh, and it''s Windows! I first though of using the "runas" command, but the syntax doesn''t allow somesome to enter the password on one line. You have to write out the line, then press ENTER, then you are prompted for your passy. I tried passing this via escape characters for return, but to no avail. I tried writing batch files to do so, but I do not know that there is a way of doing this. Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!