• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shape Shifter

Making Advanced Webpages

This topic is 5273 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

<--> I can make advanced webpages for your team or your games. Exemplde: You want your own hiscoretable for your game, online, automaticly when the game ends. I can do that. I can also do other advanced functions like registrations and vote systems. Im making your page in either PHP or HTML. I can also make your page dynimac so it's easy to change the layout. I also make some kewl gfx for it. Im doing this for somthing in return, exemple: money, domain, hosting or somthing else. There are some links to some layouts I made on the buttom of this page. <-TEMPLATETES-> http://www.nikko.hostcubix.com/designs/blackd/ - Those are almost the same in different colors. http://www.nikko.hostcubix.com/designs/prodesign/ <-FULL PAGES-> www.coldgraphics.tk www.gamescript.tk <<--- This is my favorite Those are better than the templates. I recommand you to have a look at those. (also by me) <-CONTACTS-> If your intrested contact me: EMAIL - coool_boy7@msn.com MSN - coool_boy7@msn.com or reply this topic... -- Also reply for any comment, questions or somthing about my page. Thnx -- EDIT: Removed some of the bad templates. [edited by - Shape Shifter on June 7, 2004 2:08:39 PM] [edited by - Shape Shifter on June 7, 2004 2:36:12 PM] [edited by - Shape Shifter on June 8, 2004 1:17:57 AM]

Advertisement
Um..Whats the right forum then...?

btw: Forgot a template:

http://www.nikko.hostcubix.com/designs/campxp2/

Maby the designs aren't the best, but I can do advanced things like I said in the first topic...

EDIT: Remove the bad ones

[edited by - Shape Shifter on June 7, 2004 2:37:05 PM]

They are kinda Front-pagey...

What''s this service you offer then? Does the game have to call an ASP page to update the scores?

Yes. You have to execute: www.domain.com/?score=400&name=myname
or somthing.
Try to explain to me what you want, and I can tell you if I can make that or not.

Reply to reply2: I can agree that the templates aren''t soo good, but I made them in hurry. Have a deeper look at www.gamescript.tk and www.coldgraphics.tk

How ''safe'' is your system to people figuring out how to cheat your scoreboard system by entering a hand-crafted URL in their browser or even telnet?

Actually theres no garanty, but you can make a code for it.
like: www.domain.com/?score=78vs6e86h7r8tsvt&name=myname
or somthing. I will fix this if some1 needs this..

I have some advice:

First, your examples lose their impact since they''re all essentially the same layout with different colors. If you want to impress people, show them a variety of (actually) different designs. Even if you fully intend to build a site exactly to your client''s specifications (i.e., you won''t put any creative/design thought into it whatsoever), it helps to show that you have the capability to do more than just rehash one template with different images and colors all the time.

Second, don''t ever criticize your own work while pitching it to potential employees. If "you know your templates are bad," then you shouldn''t have included them in your portfolio. If you had nothing else to include, then at least ask why others think your templates are bad instead of agreeing with them.

That said, good luck.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!