Game Idea- Teamplay WW2 MMORPG

Started by
13 comments, last by VooDoo665 19 years, 10 months ago
Second life is an mmorpg that is based entirely on player-generated content. The modelling and scripting tools are available to players to make material in the game - to the point that, if you wanted to program a system for warfare, you could. The only problem is that you have limited resources - you start out only with virtual money, which is used to design and own equipment, and no land. Land often costs real-world cash, because it represents server space that the administrators must pay for. Therefore, people can make subgames within Second Life, but if it requires a lot of resources then it will require either the cooperation of a large group of users (to amass the virtual money and get some land) or the administrators (if you show programming talent and drive they''ll often throw in the resources for free) or some raw capital.

Still, its currently the fastest way to get into the "I want to make MMO stuff!" world.
-- Single player is masturbation.
Advertisement
Sounds like some good ideas, but try implementing them with better a setting; Plus you need to have a catch. Something that will make people want to play it. I believe you have an idea of what you want but you can''t quite grasp the bigger picture. But Those are some pretty good improvements on an already stale setting and bases for a mmorpg. that''s just my opinion. keep it up.
I''ve never played WWII Online, but after playing Planetside ever so briefly I''m fairly convinced that a MMOFPS game has yet to be within reach. FPS games typically need alot more bandwidth than a hack and slash RPG, and it is in this department that alot of sacrifices were made in planetside which IMO totally removed any feeling of FPS it had. It felt nothing like the faster paced action packed FPS games I love to play. Point is, you have your work cut out for you if you''re doing a MMOFPS, which is what your idea sounds like, even though you specified RPG. Sounds more like an FPS with role playing elements and persistant characters.
I just have to say it.

World War II Online ownzorz you.

You show me that you even create a graphics engine that can look any better and support so many and I''ll laugh. Well, I never was much on laughing. You wish buddy.
quote:Original post by VooDoo665
Yes its called ww2 online BUT my game is TOTALLY different. Like i stated above if you would have read it, that game gives you tanks etc etc without earning them. And that game in my opinion has horrible graphics and has no real teamplay. Its not realistic.

heh i was trying to fly some german fighter planes and crashed like 10 of them, and when asking on how to fly a plane i was told to go pratice with allied planes instead

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement