• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSS_Cerberus

Looking For a Publisher

This topic is 5203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am currently looking for a Publisher for my WWII Expansion for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. I recently came across this website, and I have already learned a lot from its resources. I was hoping that maybe someone in the forum would know, or could point me in the direction of a publisher that would be interestd in releasing a WWII flight simulator expansion. Thanks, and I am sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, I am new to this website. http://www.skyunlimited.net/

Advertisement
Have you tried contacting Microsoft themselves? Being that it''s their trademark, I think there may be legal implications for other publishers releasing expansion packs.

No, there are many companies that survive off of selling expansions for Microsoft Sims. Microsoft loves it because it makes there games better.

They even have a deal with Discreet where you can 3D model trains and aircraft with GMAX and sell them commerically without buying an expensive liscense. It''s free.

Sadly, Microsoft is a ghost in it''s own community. I have been developing for its games for over 4 years and I have never seen their face. The have never released an Expansion for their Sims, and I have not seen them endorse any of the companies that do.

That''s a shame. Have you looked into the companies that have already released expansion packs for Microsoft Sims? If the scenario is as you descibe, I can imagine such companies being willing to look at your work.

Yes, I have sent emails to all of the major companies, and I am in contact with them. I have several publisher options, but I am always open to new ideas.

Most of the companies already involved do their own development, so if I publish with them, I will only be making the competition stronger.

I posted in my first message that I was sorry if this was the wrong forum, I am new to this website. It seemed like the most appropriate when I was scanning the boards.

quote:
Original post by BSS_Cerberus
I posted in my first message that I was sorry if this was the wrong forum, I am new to this website. It seemed like the most appropriate when I was scanning the boards.

I think it might be better off in the business of game development forum.

I''d try a German company called Profisoft at www.profisoft.com. For the U.K. you can try Excalibur at http://www.excalibur-publishing.co.uk. At first sight they don''t seem to do anything with Flight but I know that Robert Stallibras the owner distributes this stuff. For North America I''d go to www.abacuspub.com and for Japan you might want to contact the good people at www.micromouse.co.jp.

Happy hunting ;-)

Alex de Vries
www.xinginteractive.nl

There are a lot of WWII add-ons out there. To maximise your chances of getting a deal you need to make sure you clearly detail what is different about yours, compared to the competition.

Good luck.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions (www.obscure.co.uk)
Game Development & Design consultant

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!