• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevin mckiernan

game dev. colleges

This topic is 5221 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
hey,
There are actually a lot of schools starting to offer games courses. The University of North Texas has multiple game classes and a game programming lab where you can learn tons of stuff. The school is in Denton, TX (30 minutes from Dallas). Here is the website for teh game lab:

http://larc.csci.unt.edu/

school website: www.unt.edu

There is also another school called Digipin or something like that. Its in Redmond washington and is a strictly game dev school. don''t know the website though.

Depends what state you are in...?

If you want a good listing, buy the Game Career Guide 2003 from Gamasutras website...its a pdf for like 6 bucks that has almost 200 schools listed.....

[edited by - piranha13 on June 7, 2004 8:28:53 PM]

Digipen also offers Bachelor degrees now. I've starting to consider going to that lately, but be warned just tuition, fees, books, and housing is going to cost you a good 80,000 for 4 years. This doesn't count food/clothes since I really couldn't come up with a good estimate for that. Also the work is hell (yet very fulfilling).

[edited by - Ceoddyn on June 7, 2004 12:33:22 AM]

quote:
Original post by uber_n00b
www.gatech.edu <-- offers undergrad and grad degrees in game design I believe.

I dunno where this rumor comes from, but its just not true, you can specialize you're CS degree in Graphics and Visualization, along with AI, and Human Computer Interaction (interface design kind of things), and take classes in Video Game Design, but GT does not offer ungrad degrees in video game design. There is a masters course in information design in which you may pursue video game design, to some extent.

Not that that takes anything away from Tech, we just don't offer such narrowly focused degrees.

[edited by - Everspiff on June 8, 2004 9:45:20 AM]

I would like to know what people''s opinions of Digipen were (if any of you went)? I searched for it and it seems all the results are 2-4 years old, does anyone have a more recent opinion on the subject?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!