game dev. colleges

Started by
11 comments, last by kevin mckiernan 19 years, 10 months ago
Anyone got any comments about the guildhall at SMU?
I hear the curriculum (sp?) was designed by industry vets, but it''s very hard to get in and very hard to do well.
Advertisement
I live in seattle and have friends who go to digipen. I go to edmonds community college which offers the same courses as digipen minus the 80k cost. The two best student programmers I know of in seattle though went to EDCC then transfered to University of Washington. I think at this point most people prefer regular 4 year college CMPSC degrees.

Digipen would be good but in my opinion is too expensive for what you get. Go to a regular four year college or find a cheap alternative like I did (but then you'll probably have to transfer to a four year college).

[edited by - xegoth on June 9, 2004 2:39:39 AM]
FullSails BS dagree is 21 months not 23. You will have 127 credit hours and it cost 53k. All expenses are covered with your 53k thats all your books and a nice laptop. I am currently going to the school for the BS. The programer is geard for game programer and thats it. No core classes like that you will get at most schools even in a gaming program. You are going to learn everything you need to know. I would sugest that you are strong in math before thinking about coming here. The C++ isnt that bad and starts of with an easy hello world. and moves up fast.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement