• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shutter

DirectPlay Lobbyable Apps

This topic is 5276 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am using a lobby client to launch lobbyable applications. However, I notice that I am unable to launch applications that come from DX7 (from DXDiag); Not only do they not appear when enumerating them, but when I manually code a program''s GUID that was made with DX7 it doesn''t work either; it gives me the error DPNERR_DOESNOTEXIST when calling ConnectApplication. I know it is possible to launch those older games, because MSN Messenger does it among others. The code I''m using comes right from the sample lobby client from the DX SDK. Anyone have any idea what causes this?

Advertisement
Have you verified that the GUIDS exist(class/interfaces) in the registry. I would look there and make sure they are really there.

Yep. They exist and are there, although in a different directory:

The DirectPlay 7 apps are in a registry key called "DirectPlay", whereas the newer ones are in "DirectPlay8". I know that somehow along here, DirectPlay isn''t attempting to look for those games, because in DXDIAG it sees them and recognizes that they are lobby-compatible.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!