• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexmac

weird texturing bug

This topic is 5214 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm not sure why this is happening [link="random patches"]http://alexmac.cc/~alex/odd.jpeg[/link] It should just be the same texture repeated without the random patches of color. The mesh is stored in a display list and rendered after a single call to set the texture, there are no color changes or material settings during the display list. If I render without calling glBindTexture() then it looks like a flat shaded grey sphere which is how it should look, the texture should ten be modulated with that to get the light and dark patches... but I dont know why the coloured patches are appearing. any ideas???? [edited by - alexmac on June 7, 2004 7:19:55 PM]

Advertisement
Can you post the code that draws the sphere?

I'd look at your texture coords to see if there's anything weird there, but it'd help to see what exactly you were doing.

I don't think it's a tex coord problem, it looks like you're setting colour values somewhere, or prehaps another multitexture unit is active, and a second texture is modulating the one on your sphere. Also have you updated your graphics drivers recently I know with stuff like inbuilt SiS and Intel graphics chips the drivers can be pretty shoddy and have some rather bad bugs (it's happened to me a couple of times).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!