• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Linkage Error:Lnk2019

This topic is 5068 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Since 1 week, i have got a error of linkage in my project. I''m working on a game engine. In this, there are some interfaces for each part of the engine, 1 for graphic, 1 for texture manager, 1 for sound manager, etc ... Also, we can say that the engine have its own data type: Entity. An entity is composed by its coordonates (x,y), and by a list of states. Each state is defined by his visual data, his physic behavior, by his sound data, by a list of action that he must accomplish, and by a list of conditions that are checked to change to another state. All the interfaces are implemented by a dll. In this, when i want create an entity, i have got a linkage Error Lnk 2019 with Entite:Entite(), he doesn''t know the constructor ? I dont understand. Then,I have tried to move the implementation of entity in his .h, and it''s run, but now when i compile the main program, i have got ERROR LNK2005 which said that entite is already defined in *obj. Also, I have tried to encapsulate the include of entity in my dll by extern "C", and it said that linkage C cannot run with template. Yes, i use template to make lists, and an entity have a list of states. Well, i don''t know what i must do Please, help me PS: Sorry for my poor english, i am french Get the Ganah Style !!

Advertisement
I don''t must do this, because, i load dynamically the .dll .
And, it''s only the dll project which have the Lnk2019 error, not the main program.
In fact, in a dll project, when i include a .h, it must contain the definition of the class but also its implementation, else the linker generate error Lnk2019.
So i don''t want include the implementation in the .h

• Advertisement