• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DMINATOR

Texture mapping software ?

This topic is 5119 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey By slowly progressing through the world of openGl i have come to the point where i can load a mesh from obj file , but the mesh with complex form doesn''t has any texture coordinates , so is there any good texture mappers ?

Advertisement
hmmm i thought that obj files contained texture coordinates. the coordinates are in this format: vt u v

quote:
Original post by adam17
hmmm i thought that obj files contained texture coordinates. the coordinates are in this format: vt u v

yes they do , but the probllem iz the program i use for obj - Rhino , doesn''t have a system for UV mapping meshes. So i am looking for other programs . At this point i have found Ultimate Unwrap3D , but the demo doesn''t support saving , what a shame.

Cmon there are plenty 3d artist around here , just tell me what software u use for UV mapping, and what advantage it has amoung other programs.

quote:
Original post by CubeStar
Try UVMapper

http://www.uvmapper.com

Yep that is pretty handy program Going to try it out.

Why not give Cinema 4D version 6 PE a try?
It can create texture coordinates and save to OBJ and many more formats.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!