Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adding icons onto the buttons in a dialog box

This topic is 4968 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I got a problem in adding icons onto the buttons in a dialog box. I have a button on my dialog box of CButton type. In code I am adding an icon for the button using SetIcon method. But that gives an error message saying "SetIcon'' : cannot convert parameter 1 from ''const int'' to ''struct HICON__ *''", I have searched MSDN but the only found method is SetIcon, which should have set the icon. Can anyone please help me out in this regard. ? Thanks in advance.. :-)

Use LoadIcon(). If you want to use a default Windows icon, do:

myButton.SetIcon(LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION)); // Replace IDI_APPLICATION with whatever system icon you want to use

Or, if you want to load an icon from a resource, do:

myButton.SetIcon(LoadIcon(hInstance, IDI_MYICON)); // hInstance is the HINSTANCE variable in WinMain, IDI_MYICON is the resource ID of your icon

I tried the LoadIcon method too, but still the icon is not displayed. Can the second parameter be the icon id that is in the resource under icon folder ?

The button is of type CButton or should I derive from some other class.. ?