Movie Theme 2004 :: NEHE Contest

Started by
6 comments, last by DimeBag 19 years, 10 months ago
Catchy huh... I was thinking last night that a movie themed contest would be fun and cool. It would be like the LotR contest, but you could choose any movie. You could do a scene from the movie or just a theme with a character from a movie, anything to do with a movie of you choosing. What do you guys think? dimebag [edited by - dimebag on June 8, 2004 10:49:25 AM]
Advertisement
what was lotr contest?
-- Single player is masturbation.
Lord of the Rings contest for The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers. There was talk of doing a Return of the King LotR, but I would think any movie theme would be better, for more of a variety.

dimebag

[edited by - dimebag on June 8, 2004 10:48:57 AM]
Definately!

I''ve never been able to take part in a NeHe contest yet, for one reason or another, but I would be seriously interested in doing an entry for a non-specific movie contest.
Hmm...we''ve been discussing what kind of contest we should have next for a while now and I think our discussions have focused on what restrictions we can put on entries so that we can compare them.

I think that the last creative contest was successful because there really was no thematic restriction. Based on NeHe''s last post, I think the best solution would be to have no thematic restriction and say the best demo is the one that uses OpenAL the best or something to that effect.

The new creative contest as I understand it (openAL as opposed to graphics) is secondary to the next NeHe Contest (at least in my mind (mostly because I like graphics better than sound)). I very much like the Idea of the movie thing, because it gives direction without being to constrictive. Just think of any movie you want! I know that I for one would enjoy doing a Matrix or Back To The Future movie.

--------------------------------------

It took me long enough, but now I am finally 16. Yay! Sorta funny, but I am probably the only person on earth who wrote a 3D driving game prior to actually driving .
No, even better than "The Matrix", even better than "Back to the Future" ... "Office Space". That''s right. It would be a perfect use for a good particle system if you built a "Beat ''em Up Copy Machine" game. Or better yet, go postal in the office! Set fire to the office! Eat all of the cake and constantly move Milton''s desk. How about an "Initec Sim" game?

"Donkey, if it were me, you''d be dead."
I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
"Donkey, if it were me, you'd be dead."I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
This is how I saw it as well, the openAL being a seperate contest because it delt more with the audio than with openGL graphics part.

I have not participated in a contest yet, but am so eager to. I have been developing small programs here and there, and working on a good code base for myself.

The reason I mentioned the whole movie thing is because of the broad catagorey it provides, while still keeping a common theme. It would be interesting to see what some people do with thier favorite movie. I for one thought of doing the whole castle and garden scene in Edward Sissorhands. Just imagine what you can do with movies!!!

dimebag

[edited by - dimebag on June 9, 2004 10:51:47 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement