Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

distributing a c++ builder 6.0 application

This topic is 4971 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to everyone! My question should be really easy. I''ve built a small application in C++ Builder that (of course) I want to run in another computer. I remember where I had to change 2 things in the project options so the .exe does not require any external dll''s but it didn''t work. The options I changed were: Program Options: Packages->Build with runtime packages (checked) Linker->Linking->Use Dynamic RTL (unchecked) I tried running the program in another computer and it required the vcl60.bpl. Does anyone know how I can properly build my application so it run without asking anything? (I''m only using a a FileOpen dialog and a Menu, along with 3 buttons and a list box, nothing fancy) Size is not really important (it''s really small program anyway). Thanks in advance.

Packages->Build with runtime packages needs to be unchecked, now you your exe is going to be bigger :-)