• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Website

This topic is 4998 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here is my Hompage i mad for me and my mates, for our games: Blue Cyclone Studios Iknoiw it looks lame, but i made it all in HTML (no PageMaker gadgets), so im quite proud of that. Also it has an IFrame, so someppl mite not be able to see it. There shud alsobe sum pics of my TieFighter game on there, screentie.jpg. EDIT: Also, coul someone who isgood with HTML and webpages pleez leave opinion, thx. ------------ "Here lies a toppled God, His fall was not a small one, We but built his pedastle, A narrow, and a tall one" Frank Herbert (Dune:Messiah) [edited by - Kris2456 on June 9, 2004 12:36:44 PM]

Advertisement
How come the content opens in an iframe? It is very annoying because there is so much whitespace and I still need to keep scrolling to read.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks, if that''s not coming out on your machine, I am on Firefox. Please note that I FORCE the background to dark gray, I force the font/link colors and that I make the font size bigger, because some sites are hard to read (dark blue over black.. etc). And I personally just overall prefer readability over how the site looks.

http://rocketjump.ath.cx/~maddumb/gkrellShoot_06-11-04_171636.jpg

WOW, that is nothing how it should look like. That iframe should be much bigger. I excpect it cos ur using Firefox, i designe it for windows. Sorry.

Tried it using Firefox for windows and it looks bad like in that above pic. It looks normal under IE6.

I'm not really sure why you used flash for the top image/menu, unless you plan adding more FX to that. Also, if you used CSS (cascading style sheets), it would really clean up your html (no need for all those tables).

[edited by - Laki on June 11, 2004 5:44:34 PM]

When i wrote that site i was a right n00b at HTML, i still am. But i consider that site to be one of my better works. I did the top bit in Flash cos i wanted the text to flash up like it does.

Hey, it''s a good effort (though I also use Firefox). Especially seeing as you wrote the HTML yourself.

It''s always a good idea to test your site on the different browsers. Not everyone uses Internet Explorer. Since all the browsers are free there''s no reason not to test it out on all of them. But good job so far. Also for the most part I wouldn''t use flash for something like that. You could probably have done something similar with Javascript.

But that''s just my 2cents.

---------------------------------
"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law"
- Liber AL Vel Legis

There''s probably more people on these forums use Mozilla/Firefox than IE So, if I were you, I''d fix it

If it were me making the site, well, I would have tested it exclusively in Firefox first, THEN gone to IE That way I know it''ll work on heaps of browsers.

Yeah I''m using Firefox also. Being that Firefox and Mozilla are all based off of the Mozilla framework(as far as i know) it seems to me that IE is the offshoot one. When I was doing webdev I designed everthing around Mozilla. Almost 99% of the time if it worked in those it worked in IE.

-------------------------
"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law"
--- Liber AL Vel Legis

• Advertisement