Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And back to the errors...*sigh*

This topic is 4970 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I''m going thorugh the list of MSDN and now I''ve come across
SHFormatDrive(main_window_handle, 2, SHFMT_ID_DEFAULT, 0);
It just gives me errors. I can''t figure out what''s wrong. Can anyone help me? Errors:
--------------------Configuration: project SIAD - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
project SIAD.cpp
C:\Projects for VC++\project SIAD\project SIAD.cpp(148) : error C2065: ''SHFormatDrive'' : undeclared identifier
C:\Projects for VC++\project SIAD\project SIAD.cpp(148) : error C2065: ''SHFMT_ID_DEFAULT'' : undeclared identifier
Error executing cl.exe.

project SIAD.obj - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Did you include shlobj.h and is WINVER greater than or equal to 0x0500?

Edit: can't spell

[edited by - DukeAtreides076 on June 8, 2004 9:40:49 PM]

I have added the library file. And I want to learn how to use this function b/c I''m learning all the functions one-by-one straight through the list. And this one is next. I can''t test it though so if it compiles I''ll assume it works.

Why don''t you partition a hard drive into a 0.001% partition and a 9.999% partiton, and test it on the small one. Or just buy an old 4GB hard drive. They''re really cheap.

--------------------------------------
I am the master of stories.....
If only I could just write them down...

I just saw this quote and had to put it here, "Just look at 99% of entertainment, it''s all in your face detritus."

eh...I''ll just skip it, there wont''t be much of a chance I''ll need to know it anyway. And if I do I''ll cross that bridge then. Thanks everyone!