• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevlur

.X exporter for 3dsmax 6

This topic is 5220 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i cant understand why my fucking amount of 1 and 0 can load the .x models done with milkshape3D and instead cant load those done with 3dsMax6(.3ds) and exported with PandaExporter(for 3dsMax6) to .x format; either if all of two are made in text modality and has the same letters at the start of the file: xof 0303txt 0032 , but after the file continue in a different way, so i want write my own 3dsMax6 to export .3ds models in .x models so that i can load my fucking models in my fucking amount of 1 and 0. How to make a 3dsMax6 plug-in to export in .x, and that it write the file.x in the same way that milkshape3d ar in a similar format, but in some way that i can load this fucking model? Thanks [ Post clarified and undeified. --Sneftel ] [edited by - sneftel on June 8, 2004 11:06:58 PM]

Advertisement
in the 4th line from the bottom of the post after the words:"i want to write my own 3dsMax6" i would have added the word "plug-in", i want to write my own 3dsMax6 plug-in, not my own 3dsMax6

0) Make sure you have the Max SDK properly installed, and know how to set your compiler to the right include paths and link libraries for building a Max exporter.

1) Start with the Microsoft DirectX SDK Extras 3dsmax exporter source code.

2) Apply the patch found at http://www.mindcontrol.org/~hplus/graphics/xskinexp.html to get support for the Skin modifier, scaling, and persistent preferences.

3) Make modifications related to the change from 5.1 to 6.0 exporter API.

4) Compile, install and use.

5) Stop swearing in public -- it reflects poorly on you.

I''m sorry if you have considered my post offensive or if you have understood that i was swearing, instead it was the opposite of swearing, i was only sharing my thoughts with you, and i have considered this a great thing, but maybe it was Out Of Topic, BTW thank you for help

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!