Re-Sizing Windows

Started by
2 comments, last by The Lion King 19 years, 10 months ago
How do you re-size a window manually? I mean the window I have doesn''t have anything on it ... just a box ... no caption or other stuff ... and when I put some code WM_SIZE that will be called everytime. So ... how do I prevent that. (The application has D3D also). Is there a trick that when I re-size the window, the actual window doesn''t resizes, instead a thin white border is resized displaying an imaginary new size of the window, and when the user release that the window is resized to that size and reset the d3d to that. I hope I did ask my question well ... what I meant here can be seen in some skinable applications like TRILLIAN Besides ... (one more question) how do you setup DX with a skinned window and make it resizeable?
Advertisement
To be totally honest I am not 100% sure I understand what your asking. You have a direct3d window(device) that you want to resize right?

To do so you need to recreate the device so that it now properly fits the new size(even if its windowed) it would possibly look silly if it didn''t match the window.

To be honest, I am really confused :-) but want to help if you can make it a little clearer
The window is supposed to be skinned, for that I have got a region there and it has D3D and its in windowed mode. First how do you re-size a window that is using Region mode becuase if you go beyond that size it wont show that part. I have tried the WM_SIZE message.

If I remove the hRegion and I do all the skinning by D3D, then I have to check the re-size option. One is the normal way that you drag the borders and the window stretches as the user drags. Second is that when the user stretches an imaginary border is drawn showing how the window will be resized and when the user releases the mouse the window is resized to that particular size like you see in skinning applications like Trillian.

How do I accomplish the second task?
Am I still confusing here?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement