do u want to see pictures of my game??

Started by
14 comments, last by the_moo 19 years, 10 months ago
Hello,

Looks impressive for a first game. I really like your world map. And heres for some constructive critisism..... Please dont consider me insulting. What the heck were you thinking for a color scheme as the background? LOL. Take a color wheel and pick a scheme, just dont throw clashy colors around that next complements, it doesent work. heres a link for you to touch up in case you missed a highschool art class somewhere down the road

http://www.colormatters.com/colortheory.html

Try to choose a theme and stick w/ it (at least at one time time, the screen should follow a particular color scheme). This will make your game MUCH more appealing and easier on the eyes.

Thanks
Richard Cesar

EDIT: As for the art style it looks catchy.... but since you are using rounded smilies, i would probably find some way to round out the corners of your windows and stuff just a bit as to not distract the player

[edited by - paulcesar on June 9, 2004 1:32:02 PM]
Advertisement
PaulCesar, I believe that''s the "colors available in MSPaint" color scheme.

So tell me, the_moo, is this an actual working game? Or did you just throw it together in Paint to give us something to ooh and ahh over? Either way, I''d suggest getting a copy of Photoshop, because you can do an awful lot of good for your little round pieces with a Smooth Bevel layer effect.
I program games professionally. Enough said.
Well, the problem is that for some people PS is a little to expensive for most people. You can google for gimp, its quite good for the price (free)....

EDIT: I really hope your NOT right tube.... and personaly i dont see why someone would spend that much time just trying to impress an internet group.... that would really mean that they have no life. But that does remind me of a time that someone posted a screenshot of their "kick-ass l33t 3d engine" which bore a (gmax?) watermark.... boy.... impressive engine. LOL.

[edited by - paulcesar on June 9, 2004 1:55:29 PM]
It''s very cute, but it''s in the wrong forum.

Moved from "For Beginners".
Looks a hell of a lot better than the first game I ever wrote :-), It was on my dads old ZX81 though.

You can get gimp of http://www.gimp.org
thanx for the input everyone. in answer to some questions:
-yes it is an actual working game - right now im just drawing the last of the computer players and smoothing things out a bit (some things are done quite quickly and it can get confusing).
-yes it will be free and i will let all know in the announcement page when its good for download

thanx again to all for the critisism. greatly appreciate it.

the_moo
the_moo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement