DXSprite or Textured Quads, the GUI way!

Started by
1 comment, last by imDivineLight 19 years, 10 months ago
Hi! I was using the magical programming RPGs with DX, and he uses DX Sprites for 2D stuff, now i want to make some GUI objects like buttons, sliders etc so i want more customisatin, i think now i have to switch to textured quads, is this the right way or it''s a silly thing to do? One guy alos pointed me to StretchRect, i don''t understand that, so what''s the best thing for rendering sprites intendet for GUI stuff where nice flexibility is needed?
::- Hear the beauty of silence -::
Advertisement
Even though it may not seem like it at first, GUI''s are *quite* a bit of work. But...you can simply make textures, then load them, and use ID3DXSprite to render them. That''s probably the easiest way (like that guy suggested in the book). If you plan it out correctly, you can really make it look nice with sprite animations.

For an awesome series, check out this.

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
You''re talking about the easy way, but look how i can move individual vertices of quad in D3DXSprite, as far as i know i can''t, so i think quads are more of my type, i will stick with them, any thing wrong in this approach?
::- Hear the beauty of silence -::

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement